Getting to Fitzroy Island
This idyllic tropical island is within easy reach of Cairns in North Queensland, whether you are looking to catch a ride over on the Fast Cat, or take your own boat.
Ferries from Cairns
A 45 minute Fast Cat ride will get you from Cairns to Fitzroy Island and back daily, perfect for day trips to visit the Great Barrier Reef. Of course the Fast Cat will also get you there and back again when you’re heading to the Island for a longer holiday too.
- Fitzroy Island Resort Fast Cat services depart from Cairns Reef Fleet Terminal at 8:00am, 11:00am and 1:30pm
- Fitzroy Island Resort Fast Cat services returning from Fitzroy to Cairns depart Fitzroy's jetty at 9:30am, 12:15pm and 5pm.
- Return fares for resort guests are $69 ($34 for children)
- Please check updates as schedules and prices may change for the above.
- Be at the ferry 30 minutes before departure for check in.
Take your own Boat
Visiting the Island in your own yacht or boat gives you even more freedom to take things at your own pace, with the 15 nautical mile trip from Cairns offering a safe passage along scenic coastline. At Fitzroy Island you’ll find secure moorings and anchorage in naturally sheltered waters for private vessels.
- Public moorings are located at Latitude 16 deg 93.0S, Longitude 145 deg 98.6E
Getting to Cairns
The tropical North Queensland city of Cairns is accessible from virtually anywhere in Australia by air.
The Cairns International Airport services international and domestic airlines as well as general aviation and a number of helicopter operators. With its close proximity to South East Asia, it is little wonder that Cairns has the fifth busiest airport in Australia, with many international visitors choosing to make it their first port-of-call.
Domestic flights travel to Cairns from all over the country including all capital cities, regional Far North Queensland and tourist destinations such as Uluru (Ayers Rock).