Fitzroy Island Investments Pty Ltd, trading as Fitzroy Island Resort, offers accommodation and transfer services to Fitzroy Island. We provide both flexible daily rates as well as non-refundable discounted rates and packages and all reservations are guaranteed at the time of booking with a valid credit card.
All rooms will be guaranteed with a valid credit card for the month of your stay. E.g., If you are booking for next August, your credit card needs to be valid for that month and year. If your current credit card expires before your date of travel, we will require this be updated as soon as possible.
Our policies are outlined below. If you have any questions, please contact our team before booking. By proceeding with your booking, you are agreeing with the applicable terms and conditions.
- Flexible Daily Rates.
- Our flexible daily rates are our best unrestricted rates that offer the most flexibility, allowing amendments and cancellations up to 7 days prior to arrival.
- We do not accept cancellation requests via phone. At the bottom of your booking confirmation, you will find a link to cancel your booking online. If you no longer have the booking confirmation, our team will only process cancellation requests sent via email with the request to be received outside of the cancellation period. Requests received inside of the cancellation period will not be honoured.
- All booking cancellations need to be actioned by 11.59pm AEST on the 8th day before your arrival. From 12.00am AEST on day 7, all bookings will be non-refundable and no changes permitted.
- In the unlikely event Fitzroy Island Resort is directed to close by relevant government authorities, we will reach out to all impacted guests and offer alternate dates.
- Payment will be processed day 7 by our staff.
- If we cannot charge your credit card, we reserve the right to cancel your booking without notice. Please ensure there is sufficient credit available to cover your booked services including a 1.95% credit card surcharge.
- Refunds will not be issued in the unlikely event Fitzroy Island Resort is directed to close by relevant government authorities once the free cancellation period is over.
- If you cancel your booking after the free cancellation period has expired, amend, fail to arrive and/or decide to leave early, you will incur a cancellation penalty of the total booking value including any extras such as transfers, tours, packaged meals etc.
- Non-refundable rates and packages.
- Our non-refundable rates and packages offer significant discounts compared to our flexible daily rate.
- Payment will be taken at time of booking.
- If you cancel, amend, fail to arrive and/or decide to leave early, no refunds will be offered for any payments or unused nights, tours, packaged meals etc.
- Refunds will not be issued in the unlikely event Fitzroy Island Resort is directed to close by relevant government authorities
- Christmas & New Year Bookings.
- All bookings that are due to check-in between the 22nd of December and the 7th January, are non-refundable.
- Fitzroy Island Resort reserves the right to charge the credit card provided at time of booking any time prior to arrival.
- If we are unable to process payment, we will call you on the number provided to discuss options. If we are not able to reach you via phone, we will send an email to the email address provided and ask that you contact us to discuss payment.
- If after 24 hours, you have not reached out to us to provide alternate or updated payment options, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and send cancellation notification by email. If you still wish to travel, our staff attempt to re-instate your booking and take immediate payment, however availability cannot be guaranteed.
Fitzroy Island Resort is a has a strict no noise policy in place between 10:00pm and 8:00am each day. Undue noise between these hours is not tolerated. If we receive noise complaints and these are verified by staff, Senior Management reserve the right to charge a penalty for each noise complaint received.
When booking the Penthouse, we will take the first night’s accommodation charge as a non-refundable deposit to guarantee the booking. At 7 days prior to arrival, we will take the balance owing at which time the entire booking becomes non-refundable. On arrival to Fitzroy Island Resort, a $200.00 pre-authorisation is required. This will be either used towards settlement of any outstanding charges on departure or released by your bank automatically after 5 business days.
Government Travel Restrictions
- In the unlikely event that Fitzroy Island Resort is directed to close by the relevant government authority and is unable to offer accommodation services, we will reach out to impacted guests and offer those who have booked our Flexible Daily Rates if the date of travel is outside the non-refundable period, alternate availability.
- If you have booked a non-refundable rate or package, refunds will not be issued in the unlikely event Fitzroy Island Resort is directed to close by relevant government authorities.
- Fitzroy Island Resort has sourced freely available information from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) with regards to refunds and amendments surrounding COVID-19 cancellations and government mandated closures. This information is available on their website and the link provided for your convenience – http://bit.ly/3jg16dA
A full payment equivalent to entire day trip charge will be taken at the time of booking.
If you have booked a discounted or “locals” rate, please ensure that you are traveling with either a Queensland driver’s license or a proof of age a card with a local residential address. We cannot accept bills, bank statements, pay slips etc. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to book using the correct discount code or cannot produce appropriate identification on check-in.
Cancellation Policy – 48 Hours: If the reservation is cancelled or changed at least 48 hours prior to the day of arrival, we will refund your booking less a 10% cancellation fee*. No refund for bookings cancelled inside of 48 hours of travel. Aggression and abuse directed to our staff will not be tolerated. Any abuse directed to our staff will result in you being denied boarding, your booking cancelled without refund.
Should the Fitzroy Flyer or package component / tour not operate for any reason, then an alternative date or vessel arrangements will be offered to the passenger. If an alternative date cannot be arranged, we will then process a refund*. If the passenger accepts the alternate date, then no further refunds will be authorised.
*Please note that in addition to the non-refundable 10% cancellation fee, any credit card merchant fees, booking fees or international transaction fees incurred in processing your refund, are strictly non-refundable and will not be included in the final refund amount. When a package component has been cancelled, only that option will be refunded.
Boarding commences 30 minutes prior to departure. Please check-in with the team at the Fitzroy Island Booking Centre before making your way to the Fitzroy Flyer.
Gift vouchers are strictly non-refundable once purchased. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred. Vouchers cannot be extended beyond the expiration date.
Travel insurance is NOT included. Holiday plans can be disrupted, and cancellation fees can be costly. Travel insurance is inexpensive and highly recommended. Please note that Travel Insurance may not cover disruptions caused by mechanical breakdowns or adverse weather conditions. Fitzroy Island Investments Pty Ltd. strongly recommends that passengers arrange their own travel insurance. We reserve the right to cancel or amend with no notice our advertised departure times. This advice is general in nature and may not address the specific circumstances of a particular individual.
Fitzroy Island Investments Pty. Ltd – trading as Fitzroy Island Resort – and/or its owners and operators do not accept any responsibility (whether in tort contract or otherwise howsoever) for any injury to, or death of, any of its passengers whether during embarkment, carriage, disembarkation and whether caused by negligence or otherwise howsoever of any of its servants or agents, and liability for all claims or demands whatsoever in respect of all injuries or death howsoever caused is hereby excluded. Further, no liability, either express or implied, will be accepted for the loss of, damage to, mis-delivery or delay in delivery of luggage or cargo loaded or carried by Fitzroy Island Resort.
For further information or queries please contact our friendly team.