Deposit & Cancellation Policy:
All reservations require credit card guarantee due at time of booking. Please note 1.5% merchant service fee for payment by credit cards (MasterCard, Visa, American Express).
Payments will not be accepted from any other credit cards and surcharge is subject to market change.
To avoid this fee, you may make payment via Direct Deposit at least 14 days prior to arrival. Please contact our reservations team for further details.
- Fitzroy Island Resort has a 7-day cancellation policy. If changes are made outside of 7 days of arrival, no penalties apply. We will only issue credit for cancellation or amendments inside of 7 days for genuine illness (including COVID) if a medical certificate can be provided. We cannot accept online registration of Rapid Antigen Tests as proof due to the uncontrolled nature of this system. We reserve the right to verify that the provided medical certificate issued is valid and accurate.
- We reserve the right to cancel bookings if payment cannot be taken as per terms and conditions. We attempt to reach out on the 7th day prior to arrival and again on the 6th day. If we cannot reach you to take payment, the booking will be cancelled and notification sent. We will attempt to re-instate your booking if you contact after cancellation however no guarantees on availability or rates will be made.
- If you fail to check-in – either to the Fitzroy Flyer or to Fitzroy Island Resort – no refund will be issued for any unused services or unused nights due to delayed flights caused by weather events. Fitzroy Island Resort takes guest safety very seriously and only in extreme weather events eg. cyclones or if the Harbour Master closes the Marlin Marina will we offer either alternate dates or credit towards a future stay. If you accept alternate dates, no further compensation will be offered.
- Christmas & New Year: All bookings made over the Christmas & New Year (23rd December to 2nd January) period are non-refundable with no changes permitted. Payment, including surcharge, will be taken within 24 hours of booking.
- When booking the Penthouse, we will take the first night’s accommodation charge as a non-refundable deposit to guarantee the booking. At 7 days prior to arrival, we will take the balance owing at which time the entire booking becomes non-refundable.
Fitzroy Flyer Transfers:
- Important Information: If you have booked a discounted or “locals” rate, please ensure that you are traveling with either a Queensland drivers license or a proof of age a card with a local residential address. We cannot accept bills, bank statements, pay slips etc. Refunds will not be issued if you fail to book using the correct discount code or cannot produce appropriate identification on check-in.
- Cancellation Policy – 48 Hours: If the reservation is cancelled or changed at least 48 hours prior to the day of arrival, we will refund your booking less a 10% cancellation fee*. No refund for bookings cancelled inside of 48 hours of travel.
- Should the Fitzroy Flyer or package component / tour not operate for any reason, then an alternative date or vessel arrangements will be offered to the passenger. If an alternative date cannot be arranged , we will then process a refund*. If the passenger accepts the alternate date then no further refunds will be authorised. No cancellation charges will apply for passengers failing to travel due to ill health, however a medical certificate will be required.
- *Please note that in addition to the non-refundable 10% cancellation fee, any credit card merchant fees, booking fees or international transaction fees incurred in processing your refund, are strictly non-refundable and will not be included in the final refund amount. When a package component has been cancelled, only that option will be refunded.
Boarding commences 30 minutes prior to departure. Please check-in with the team at the Fitzroy Island Booking Centre before making your way to the Fitzroy Flyer.GIFT VOUCHERS
Gift vouchers are strictly non-refundable once purchased. Vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, transferred. Vouchers cannot be extended beyond the expiration date.TRAVEL INSURANCE
Travel insurance is NOT included. Holiday plans can be disrupted and cancellation fees can be costly. Travel insurance is inexpensive and highly recommended. Please note that Travel Insurance may not cover disruptions caused by mechanical breakdowns or adverse weather conditions. Fitzroy Island Investments Pty Ltd. strongly recommends that passengers arrange their own travel insurance. We reserve the right to cancel or amend with no notice our advertised departure times. This advice is general in nature and may not address the specific circumstances of a particular individual.
Fitzroy Island Investments Pty. Ltd – trading as Fitzroy Island Resort – and/or its owners and operators do not accept any responsibility (whether in tort contract or otherwise howsoever) for any injury to, or death of, any of its passengers whether during embarkment, carriage, disembarkation and whether caused by negligence or otherwise howsoever of any of its servants or agents, and liability for all claims or demands whatsoever in respect of all injuries or death howsoever caused is hereby excluded. Further, no liability, either express or implied, will be accepted for the loss of, damage to, mis-delivery or delay in delivery of luggage or cargo loaded or carried by Fitzroy Island Resort.
For further information or queries please contact our friendly team.