- Discover Fitzroy
- The Resort
- Day Trips
- Things To Do
- Functions & Events
- Contact Us
Fitzroy Island Resort is proud to be
A relaxed, friendly,
Welcome to the 100% Australian family-owned and managed Fitzroy Island Resort. We are the official operator of the resort and island facilities. We look forward to welcoming you to our slice of paradise very soon.
Fitzroy Island is an unspoilt tropical paradise of rainforest and beaches within the calm sheltered waters of the Great Barrier Reef. Fitzroy Island is a National Park, discover spectacular walking trails, abundant marine life and local wildlife.
Located 45 minutes from Cairns in Tropical North Queensland, Fitzroy Island is easily reached by regular transfers on the air-conditioned Fitzroy Flyer.
Fitzroy Island is ideal for families, a visit with friends or a romantic getaway. Come for a day or stay overnight at our boutique resort.
Great Barrier Reef
Fitzroy Island’s sheltered waters, fringing reef, and marine life are here for all to explore and enjoy.
- Go Scuba Diving directly off the beach
- Tour by glass-bottomed boat or kayak
- Snorkel with clownfish or sea turtles
- Take a day trip to the outer Great Barrier Reef
- Visit the Turtle Rehabilitation Centre
- Coral Nursery Reef Restoration Project
- Explore 5 National Park walks
- Visit Nudey Beach voted Australia’s #1 best beach!
- Outdoor resort pool
- Swim up pool bar
- Sports & activities hub
- Weekly activity schedule
- Children’s play room
- Turtle Rehabilitation Centre
- Free WiFi in reception common areas
- 24-hour reception
- Tour desk
- General store
- Zephyr Restaurant
- Foxy’s Bar
- Conference & meeting venues
- Wedding ceremonies & functions
Events & Promotions
Find out More
Photo of the Day@fitzroyisland
Explore the Great Barrier Reef – Snorkelling, Diving and Swimming
You can swim, snorkel and dive in safety off our iconic coral beaches, exploring this World Heritage Listed coral reef system at your own pace. Make friends with the sea life, including clown fish, turtles and even whales.