Fitzroy Island Camping
Enjoy a rustic experience camping on Fitzroy Island Resort! The Council Campground is located next to the beach and only 5 minutes stroll from the Jetty. It has approximately 20 tent sites, a basic cold-water shower block, shaded and sunny grassy camping spots and pergola cover for eating areas.
Fitzroy Island Resort manages the campgrounds on behalf of the Cairns Regional Council. Each tent can only be a maximum of 3 meters x 3 meters with 2 adults and 2 children per site. Camping gear is not supplied and campers need to supply all their own equipment including tents, sleeping gear and camping stove. If you would like to hire gear, please see below.
Guests camping with us are welcome to dine in both Foxy’s Bar, Zephyr Restaurant (dress code applies) and the General Store. The pool, pool bar and main accommodation block are for guests who have booked rooms with us. We are not able to offer passes or payment to use these facilities.
- Campsite: $37 per tent per night for up to 4 people.
- Campsite with Equipment: $97 for first night, $67 for additional nights (see details below) + $200 bond required
- Camping gear is not supplied – a camping kit can be hired at an additional cost (see below).
- There is just one council BBQ available – we highly recommend you bring your own camping stove.
- The basic shower block is cold water only.
- Consumption of alcohol, the use of generators and the lighting of fires is not permitted in the campgrounds.
- We ask that all noise ceases at 10pm each night.
Camping Equipment for Hire
We have a limited number of camping kits available for hire based on 2 people.
Camping kits for 2 people include the following:
- 1x trolley
- 1x tent (requires set up)
- 2x sleeping mats
- 2x sleeping bags
- 2x pillows
- 2x camp chairs
- 1x esky
- 1x lamp
Pricing (Campsite + Equipment):
- $97 for the first night
- $67 for additional nights
- $200 bond required
Please click the links below to book online, or contact our team on 07 4044 6700.