Fitzroy Island Resort COVID Protocols & Updates
We are very excited to again welcome guests to our corner of Tropical North Queensland while ensuring we are meeting your health and wellbeing standards.
The health and safety of our guests and team members is of utmost priority we are pleased to share with you that we are following the highest level of hygiene standards and the following protocols are in place.
Update 16th August 2021:
- Due to current COVID restrictions and border closures, our venues are operating at limited times. Please contact reception for any updates.
- All resort visitors must check in with the ‘Check in QLD’ COVID app when visiting venues or travelling on the Fitzroy Flyer.
- As per government restrictions, masks must be worn at all times outside the home including on public transport. Please do not be offended if staff remind you to put on a mask.
- All meals and drinks must be consumed whilst seated.
Flexible Bookings & Cancellation Policy
Book early and feel confident should something change, you can cancel or move your booking dates of travel up to 7 days prior to arrival.
Transfers to Fitzroy Island
- Due to Covid distancing measures the passenger numbers will be reduced on your boat transfer to the island.
- All guests travelling will be required to check in via the ‘Check in QLD’ App
- We have multiple departures from Cairns daily. Times are subject to change. Click here for timetable and bookings.
Resort Accommodation Check-In Process & Cleaning Protocols
We at Fitzroy Island Resort wish to introduce a fresh look at how we keep our rooms, fresh, looking and smelling cleaner than ever.
We would like to reassure our guests that we have assessed the potential for contamination with the common touch points in all guest rooms. These touch points, their maintenance and hygiene will become part of our everyday cleaning requirements following COVID protocols.
During the Daily Rooms Service guests may not be in the room, as an alternative they can choose to have fresh towels and linens left outside the room.
All resort visitors must fill in a safety form and collect a wrist band.
Food & Beverage
- All patrons will be required to check in via the ‘Check in QLD’ App at each venue.
- To minimise contact with staff please make your meal selections before proceeding to the counter no cash will be accepted for payment.
- Breakfast will be a 1 course meal instead of buffet style.
- Outlets may be operating on limited opening hours – Please contact the resort or visit reception for updates.
- Social distancing is in place, gatherings restricted to 10 people. Be mindful of keeping your distance to 1.5 meters.
General Cleaning Procedures and Sanitation
- Strict Cleaning processes are in place in all resort areas, aimed to keep visitors safe. When cleaning staff will use personal protective equipment.
- Hand sanitiser is readily available for all staff and guests.
- Our full COVID Safe checklist is displayed in the resort foyer.
Fitzroy Island Staff
- We will be checking the temperature of all staff members and anyone displaying symptoms will be removed from the island immediately.
For further information or queries please contact our friendly team.